The world’s first commercial commissioned turbine V136 3.45 MW was put into operation by the UKA Group on July 25th 2017 in Lieskau, Germany.
Are you interested in the latest news from the UKA Group? You’ll find an overview of all news concerning the company in the press area.
UKA – keeping an eye on wind energy
Experience UKA and its corporate activities from an extraordinary perspective: The 360-degree virtual tour provides a view on wind farms and selected locations of the company. Climb on a wind turbine and enjoy the view of the surrounding area from the top! The animation takes you from the foundation to the rotor blade tip – without suffering from vertigo.The 360-degree virtual tour
Plan – Build – Operate
The UKA Group
- has connected approx. 50 wind farms to the grid
- has a project pipeline of more than 2 GW
- has installed over 500 MW of capacity between 2014 and 2016
- was named the second-largest developer of onshore wind farms in Germany (according to Energie & Management magazine’s developer ranking)
- develops renewable energy projects in all German states (except for city states)
- has eight planning offices nationwide
- implements wind and solar energy projects in the USA
SUN – WIND – ENERGY
UKA has been planning, building and operating wind farms and their associated infrastructure since 1999. The corporate group is one of Germany's leading wind farm developers, with approx. 50 wind farms connected to the grid and a project pipeline of more than 2 GW. On top of this, UKA has tapped into new business sectors and also manages projects in solar energy and storage solutions.
As a full-service provider, the Group offers all services up to and including the handover of turn-key systems. After handover its subsidiary, UKB Umweltgerechte Kraftanlagen Betriebsführung GmbH, will ensure your turbines perform at their technical and commercial best in the coming decades.
The UKA Group currently employs around 500 people in Meißen, Cottbus, Rostock, Lohmen in Mecklenburg, Erfurt, Oldenburg, Bielefeld, Grebenstein (near Kassel) and Hanover. In addition, the UKA North America LLC subsidiary based in Stuart (Florida, USA) is forging ahead with promising renewable energy projects in the USA.