The world’s first commercial commissioned turbine V136 3.45 MW was put into operation by the UKA Group on July 25th 2017 in Lieskau, Germany.
Are you interested in the latest news from the UKA Group? You’ll find an overview of all news concerning the company in the press area.
UKA – keeping an eye on wind energy
Experience UKA and its corporate activities from an extraordinary perspective: The 360-degree virtual tour provides a view on wind farms and selected locations of the company. Climb on a wind turbine and enjoy the view of the surrounding area from the top! The animation takes you from the foundation to the rotor blade tip – without suffering from vertigo.The 360-degree virtual tour
Plan – Build – Operate
The UKA Group
- is the second-largest developer of onshore wind farms in Germany (2016; according to Energie & Management magazine’s developer ranking)
- has installed over 500 MW of capacity and 1,192 km of cabling between 2014 and 2016, equivalent to the distance between Flensburg and Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- has managed the installation of 81 woodland wind turbines
- develops wind farms in every German state (excl. city states)
- has seven planning offices nationwide
- implements wind and solar energy projects in the USA
- operates 207 wind turbines through its subsidiary UKB
UKA – THE WIND FARM DEVELOPER
A tailwind for the energy revolution
UKA has been planning, building and operating wind farms and their associated infrastructure since 1999. With 333 wind turbines and over 827 MW of installed capacity, UKA’s wind farms are among the most advanced in Europe. In 2016, UKA was the second-largest onshore developer in Germany, having added 200 MW of capacity to the grid (according to Energie & Management magazine’s developer ranking).
As a full-service provider, the Group offers all services up to and including the handover of a turn-key wind farm. After handover, its subsidiary UKB Umweltgerechte Kraftanlagen Betriebsführung GmbH will ensure your turbines perform at their technical and commercial best in the coming decades.
The UKA Group currently employs around 450 people in Meißen, Cottbus, Rostock, Lohmen in Mecklenburg, Erfurt, Oldenburg, Bielefeld, Grebenstein (near Kassel) and Hannover in Germany, as well as in Stuart, FL (USA).